Tips about Corrective Lenses
How to care for your spectacle lenses properly
20/20 vision 24/7
Although spectacle lenses made from Makrolon® are made to withstand airgun pellets, they do have one enemy who deserves respect – dust and its scratching capability. That’s why they are usually equipped with a high-quality scratchproof coating. They should nonetheless be handled with care. So:
Pretty obvious, huh?
But did you also know that….
- There are two good places to keep spectacles – on your nose or in a sturdy case.
- Spectacles should not be set down resting on the lenses.
- You should never clean Makrolon® spectacle lenses using a dry cloth? Although they are protected by a high-quality scratchproof coating, stubborn dust particles can scratch the surface when you wipe it. Instead, the lenses should be cleaned under running water using a little dish liquid. It is advisable to then dry the lenses (without rubbing) using a fresh, clean cloth such as kitchen roll, a paper handkerchief or a cleansing tissue.
- inexpensive dish liquids are best suited for cleaning spectacle lenses, because they usually contain a lower proportion of fatty substances?
- stubborn dirt is best dealt with in the optician’s ultrasound cleaning unit.